The story of a photographer
I was born in Derby, United Kingdom and have lived both there and here in Perth and the Northwest of Australia. I love Australia, the lifestyle and the beauty it holds. We have the best weather and beaches I have ever seen and amazing coastlines that stretch forever. I love to travel and I have been fortunate to have travelled the world extensively as my father was in the aviation industry, as I have been my whole life. Travelling has opened my eyes to the world we live in, its beauty, diversity and variety of cultures. In my view, it opens your mind, you appreciate what you have and the possibilities live can bring.
My father loved photography and was always taking photos of us kids. I think this is where I caught the bug! As I started my family, it became important to me to capture their lives and us as a family in images, so they can look back on the memories, as I do at the photos my father took. I expanded my love of photography through mastering skills and techniques over years of study, trial and error and lots and lots of practice, when in 2013, and after being asked to photograph a wedding, decided to take it to the next level - and here I am!
Life is not pre-programmed and neither should your photos be. I like to produce candid, natural images in full colour to show the real person, including the emotion and feeling of the moment. I also enjoy going out capturing the beauty of landscapes in images, whether it is a natural coastal scene, or city scape. I have a collection of images which I offer for purchase, feel free to check them out sometime.
A few facts about me:
- I don’t believe in selfies - although my photo at the top of this page is a selfie :-) .
- I love anything to do with the ocean, including sailing, windsurfing, fishing or just being on the beach - I couldn't imagine my life not being near it!
- I don't pretend to be someone I'm not, but if you'd like to see me as someone who is intelligent and handsome, that's fine with me.
- I believe that laughter is one of the best medicines!
- I'm a good boy (with a lot of bad habits!).
- I try to put the brakes on the rat race of life to stop and live for the moments. I think it is important to enjoy life and not let it just pass you by.
Photography provides me the inspiration to go out and capture life, one frame at a time...